Deep cleaning your Quartz – How to clean your quartz nail like new
Caring for you Quartz Nail
Cleaning your quartz is one of the easiest ways to ensure you get a full-flavored dab every time is, quite simply, by keeping your nail clean. While it may feel obsessive, thoroughly cleaning your dabbing surface in between each dab will help your nail last longer and prevent any old oil from interfering with the flavors of your hash or concentrate.
If you’re effectively dabbing at the right temperature and cleaning regularly, you’ll end up with little charring and little (if any) puddle left, in which case you may even be able to clean up after a few dabs with the same cotton swab. But avoiding cleaning quartz nail will just ruin the flavor of your dabs and the life of your quartz nail. It’s also important to clean your banger after every dab. That may seem like overkill, but realize that once your banger cools, any residue has a permanent effect on the quartz. Residue contaminates the flavor and lowers the vapor that the nail can product. Carbon is an insulator and when it builds up, it completely effects vapor cloud density and flavor of terpenes.
Like everything else, quartz bangers come in varying qualities. A cheap quartz banger runs around $10, while expensive pieces over $40+. And like everything else, you get what you pay for when it comes to quartz bangers. Deep cleaning your Quartz. We have an efficient method of cleaning the carbon (black) buildup that builds up over time. Even while using q-tips and ISO occasionally a carbon “black crust” will build up.
This is not a basic q-tip tutorial, but a quick deep clean to get that Quartz looking shiny again.
What you will need:
- 91-99% ISO alcohol
- Distilled water (This avoids any hardwater spots, which are formed from base minerals in the water. Distilled water is pure of any minerals).
- An eyedropper, two would be best.
- Two containers, one to hold the distilled water and one to hold the ISO.
What to do:
- Set your temperature low, around 350*. This should be done from a cold start; if you had your temperature set higher previously please allow time for the temperature to cool down and stabilize.
- Fill your eye dropper with the distilled water, and begin to fill your banger to around 1/8″ above the carbon build-up.
- Let the distilled water come to a rolling boil, you should see flakes of the carbon coming off. You may or may not need to add the ISO depending on how stuck on the carbon is. (Be very careful when working with the water, the steam an of course the water itself is very hot. If you add ISO, do not inhale the steam directly). Let the water boil as long as needed until most of the carbon has come off. Carefully continue to mop up the floating carbon, and clean the sides if necessary. Enjoy our nice clean banger!