- cause: The logic of any PID controller can be confused when it is conneted to a circuit that has a motor attached to it (blowdryer, Air Conditioner, Electric Pencil Sharperner Etc.) motors created electrical noise which turns a perfect AC sine wave into a more jagged wave causing confusion to a PID’s Logic.
FIX : Recalibration OR Turn off and let cool. To recalibrate your enail follow the directions below
- bad coil
FIX : buy new coil
- cause: seasonal temperature fluctuations can cause this. Large changes in the room temperature greater than 10F can require the unit to need RECALIBRATION. The units were calibrated in our warehouse where the unit learns the room temerature of operation and uses ohms law & room temperature with its algorithm to know its temperature.
FIX : Recalibration followed by turn off and let cool then powering up. To recalibrate your enail follow the directions below
HOW TO CALIBRATE OR “AUTO-TUNE” YOUR E-NAIL TO FIX FLUCTUATING TEMPERATURES
- Have your E-Nail fully set up. (coil attached to your insert while secured on your rig).
- Turn on your 710 Life e Nail and use the Up/Down Arrow Keys to set the temperature to your desired temperature.
- Once your E-Nail reaches or past the set temp the simply hold down the right “>” button for 10 seconds until it’s starts blinking quickly –
- Then release the button. This puts your 710 life enail into “Auto–Tune” mode.
- During “Auto–Tune” Mode, the red light will blink rapidly and consistently for about 5 minutes. You’ll also notice the temperatures sweep dramatically. Once the light stops blinking rapidly and consistently, then that means Auto–Tune has been successfully completed.
- After about 5 minutes, turn unit On/Off and the temperatures should stabilize and not bounce around like they were before.
if it continues to have fluctuating temperature your coil may need to be replaced OR try a different circuit to ensure all bases are covered. Remember an occasional PID fluctuation is considered normal and should never occur daily.
The following eNail Calibration and e-Nail Temperature fluctuation fix guide is meant to be used with any brand PID controller .